The monthly maintenance contribution is payable in advance, on the first day of each month, by standing order. The amount you pay is a contribution towards the cost of running the charity.
Items covered by the monthly maintenance charge include
- Building alterations, repairs and maintenance, and buildings insurance
- Servicing and repair of water, gas and electrical installations
- External maintenance and decoration costs
- Some utility bills
The average weekly maintenance charges are
- Jesse Mary Chambers – £104.85
- Sunset Homes – £110.04
- Caroline Strickland – £110.57
- Hays Cottages – £105.92
These are calculated weekly but paid by calendar month.
Residents are responsible for payment of council tax, phone lines, internet etc.
Council tax bands are
- Jesse Mary Chambers – Band A
- Sunset Homes – Band A
- Caroline Strickland – Band A
- Hays Cottages – Band A/B
Residents on a low income may be entitled to Housing or Council Tax Benefit. Details can be obtained from Cheltenham Borough Council’s Benefits website.
Alternatively you can call their helpline on 01242 264341.