Jesse Mary Chambers Almshouses

Established 1924

The Almshouses were built in 1924 under the Will of Mr. Henry David Gregory Chambers, in memory of his sister.

As far as we know, Miss Chambers, who in 1886 was one of the first female graduates of London University, had no connection with Cheltenham.

Some modernisation was carried out in 1960, and a comprehensive refurbishment was completed recently.

Gallery

Location

 

Jesse Mary Chambers Almshouses

53-59 Tennyson Rd
Cheltenham GL51 7DA

Cheltenham Almshouses & Aid is a charity to provide affordable accommodation to more mature members of the local community who have limited financial means. For further information please get in touch via our contact form, or by calling 01242 522180.